I love how Nicole Healy teaches Instagram strategies in such an easy-to-understand way in her membership Social Salon School. I also love that she openly shares that it’s not the only platform you should be on and teaches the importance of maintaining your google profile to remain active and more visible for clients searching for a hair colourist. It’s so easy!
Show notes for podcast episode 155
LET’S MEET OUR GUEST – Nicole Healy
In this episode of the Colour Kristina Talks Podcast for Hairdressers, I’ll be talking with the Founder of Melbourne Hair Blogger and Social Salon School, Nicole Healy. She has been in the Hair Industry for over 20 years and with a career in Hairdressing for 16 years as an Award-Winning Colourist and Hair Stylist, now specialises in Coaching, and she is excited to share her knowledge with you.
With a combined Following on Social Media of more than 120,000 people and Finalist for Hair Educator of the Year 2020 and Digital Influencer in her industry in 2019 and 2020, Her engaged audience knows her for what she does best, educating how to grow online.
What is social proofing?
There are so many different methods to social proof your business. Things like testimonials to help clients find your business can help you appear to be trustworthy on Facebook and Google. When clients are searching for someone or a new hairdresser in their area they will often check out Instagram first and then check them out on google, and then go back into blogs.
Social Media Proof is being seen in more places and being seen as a trustworthy business. You can add reviews in an image on insta, but not reviews left by people. This is why it’s so important to not really on Instagram for everything because the more searchable your name is the more trustworthy and reputable your business is.
Plus, what would happen if your Instagram got hacked and removed completely offline? If your only business information is shared on Instagram the idea of losing it completely is terrifying
PRO TIPS FOR SOCIAL PROOFING YOUR SALON BIZ:
- Uploading photos regularly to your Google business app will help you to appear in more searches and keeping your business active on Google is highly recommended (and it’s free to use and free to post!)
- Online reviews speak for themselves and help clients find you, including the way you reply to all reviews (the positive and the negative ones) is an indication your professionalism
- Having a website is an absolute must for all businesses
- Ask all your happy clients to leave a review on Google and on your Facebook business page (these can then be repurposed into website reviews and social media tiles with their permission)
- Make it easy for clients to leave reviews by having a QR code displayed on your station or front desk area that directs them to your website or google
social salon networking event
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your social media skills, gain expert industry advice, and make lasting connections. This exclusive gathering is your opportunity to connect with industry icons and delve into insightful conversations about harnessing the power of social media for your business success. Interactive Q&A Session: Dive into a lively and insightful Q&A session where Nicole Healy, founder of Melbourne Hair Blogger & Social Salon School, will lead a panel of 8 esteemed industry experts, including me!
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE: https://www.socialsalonschool.com.au/registration
Listen to learn more about Episode 155 of the Colour Kristina Talks podcast for hairdressers to find out how to social-proof your business with Nicole Healy!