Hair Painting for
Would you like to know how to formulate the perfect (and natural looking) Red for every client? Kristina Russell’s unique approach to Creative Colour Theory will help your Redhead requests skyrocket in your salon! Kristina is one of the most talented Haircolourists and inspirational hairdressers in the industry. Her out of the box approach to Haircolour dazzles and delights, and her ability to communicate this in an educational platform is invaluable.
Kristina is the Redhead Expert at Edwards and Co, and author of Ebook ‘The Ultimate Guide to Hair-Painting for Redheads’.
Experiential and visual learning at its best! Learn ’real-life’ methods to boost creativity and revenue whilst behind the chair. Learn successful Redhead + Pastel formulations for everyday salon scenarios, whilst being immersed in Australia’s most innovative Colourists world for a day.
Kristina will share her expertise in Colour Theory during haircolour demonstrations, along with discussions on the universal Pantone Colour System with reference to Creative Colour Chords for hair.
Live demos will be shared in the morning session, plus a workshop with models in afternoon. Hairdressers will be encouraged to create their own brush stroke and how to pick the perfect palette (including formulas) for clients every time. We will explore how to create beautiful results for warm colour requests; including Base Breakers + Double Process Reds + Freehand for Harmonious Colour results.
You will receive a goody bag containing Kristina’s fave tools plus a copy of her ‘Hair Painting for Redheads’ guide, plus lunch and refreshments are provided on the day.
- Learn the secrets to successful formations for Red and Copper clients
- Develop a deeper understanding of how to Hair-Paint for Redheads
- Hair Painting with Dimension for Pastel and Strawberry Blondes
- Colouring with artistic confidence
- Colour + Know How to create seasonal trends
- Mixology 101 for perfecting classic tones and grey coverage for natural redhead clients
- Creative solutions for Colour clients wishing to dye their hair Red or Copper
- Learn how to combine Haircolour techniques like an Expert
- Attendees will develop their own creative techniques in a colourful workshop with live models
- Gain a deeper understanding of Haircolour Theory specific to Single + Double Process Red Haircolour techniques
Techniques you will learn
- Hair Painting for Redheads and Coppers
- How to consult for warm colour results successfully
- How to choose the most relevant techniques for time allocated in salon bookings
- Understanding when to use a Double or Single process colour
- Using Colour Theory for painting Texture +
- Dimension into Reds and Coppers
- Discuss when to use Base Breakers and
- Decolorising for brightness
- Textured Foil Patterns suitable for Auburn + darker based Red requests
- Creative solutions for Colour corrections or miscalculations with formulas
- Colour + Know-How to achieve Cool and Warm Reds
- Grey Coverage for natural Redhead clients
- Creative approaches for Colour Balancing regular clients without creating buildup or banding
- You will learn how to paint hair as your canvas with artistic finesse
Who should attend?
Registration is 9:15am.
Program runs from 9:30am until 5pm.
Price and payment options
Workshop (morning demo and afternoon workshop) $605
Purchase tickets on website using secure Stripe ticketing. Or payment plans available with Salon Pay. Visit this page to set up a payment plan.
Locations and other details
- Light lunch provided
- Tickets are non refundable
- Dates are subject to change given subject unforeseen circumstances + Bring a note pad, pen and water bottle plus your styling kit and apron
- Please note that there is very limited capacity for these workshops. Be sure to secure your spot early to avoid disappointment when the event sells out.
Location & Dates
Monday 26th August MELBOURNE
Address: Edwards and Co
Melbourne 1/22 Punch Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
Sunday 22nd September BRISBANE
Address: Matters in Gray
Level 2, 12 Mt Gravatt – Capalaba Road Upper Mt Gravatt Queensland Australia 4122
We work with live models during hands-on sessions and try to cover as many techniques as possible, however we cannot guarantee all techniques listed will be covered due to variables when working on real guests. Please alert Kristina ahead of time if there is something specific you wish to practice and organise your own model based on that. Thank you.
The Ultimate guide to hair painting for redheads
"Her education is incredible"
“Kristina is an amazingly creative and talented colourist whose work is world class. Her education is incredible – many of our team have taken her informative, fun and vibrant classes and walked away inspired with skills they can take back to the salon.”
LORNA EVANS – Salon owner, Zumay Hair
& Director of Lorna Evans Education
"Authentic, inspiring, gifted"
“Kristina is an authentic, inspiring, gifted and selfless teacher who cares more about her students than herself. What better quality would you want in an educator?”
CHRIS BARAN – President, Fuel Education
and Redken Artistic Director
"dazzles and delights "
“Kristina Russell is one of the most talented Haircolorists and inspirational hairdressers in the industry. Her out of the box approach to Haircolor dazzles and delights and her ability to communicate this in an educational platform is invaluable”
SHERRI DOSS – Vice President Worldwide Education
Redken 5th Ave NYC
"gets you excited and inspired"
“Kristina Russell has a unique method of teaching that gets you excited and inspired about hair! Her perspective on Creative Colour is refreshing, and her approach to achieving different looks gets you thinking outside the box about hair!”
SANDRA- Salon Manager
+ Team Leader / SG Hair Sydney
"THE BEST TEACHER"
I choose to learn from the best. When it comes to learning how to colour hair better, Kristina Russell is the best teacher. What she teaches you will help you improve your colouring and artistic skills, not just during the course, but beyond”
TARIK JASAREVIC – Matrix Artist / Educator
"OPENING MY WORLD"
“I have to say a big thank you to Kristina Russell for opening my world through her education techniques and bespoke ways”
BRETT MATTERN – Salon Owner + Colour Director
Bespoke Hair Hobart
“Kristina Russell is the most inspirational Haircolourist I have worked with in my 35+ years in the hairdressing industry…She is not only a great colourist but a true artist”
PETER TAYLOR – Medavita National Education Director
“I highly recommend Kristina as a Colourist and Mentor. Shadowing Kristina will help anyone grow dramatically and excel in their technical skill and understanding of colour”
ROZLYN THOMAS – Owner/Creative Director
Find out more about how your shop or salon can become a safer place for LGBTQ+ people.