Kristina is one of the most talented Haircolourists and inspirational hairdressers in the industry. Her out of the box approach to Haircolour dazzles and delights, and her ability to communicate this in an educational platform is invaluable. Kristina is a Colour Correction Specialist and Master Colourist at Edwards and Co, plus the author of Ebook ‘The Ultimate Guide to Hair-Painting for Redheads’.
Kristina will share her expertise in Colour Theory during haircolour demonstrations, along with discussions on the universal Pantone Colour System with reference to Creative Colour Chords for hair. Discover the parallels in every colour family to paint with confidence for Brunettes, Redheads and Blondes.
Live demos will be shared in the morning session, plus a ‘hands-on’ workshop in afternoon. The focus will be on Contemporary Corrective Haircolour with a logical + salon-friendly approach to going darker or lighter, and major Colour Transformations. Corrective Highlight /Lowlight techniques, plus how to approach Decolorising, and how to reintroduce Dimension to Haircolour.
You will receive a goody bag containing Kristina’s fave tools plus a copy of her ‘Hair Painting for Redheads’ guide, plus lunch and refreshments are provided on the day.
2. Develop a deeper understanding of how to create Shadow + Dimension in hair
3. Colouring outside the box with artistic confidence
4. Colour + Know How to create seasonal trends
5. Mixology to unlock the rainbow with colourful expertise
6. Creative solutions for simple and complex Colour Corrections
7. Learn how to combine Haircolour techniques like an Expert
Techniques you will learn
- Hair Painting for Contemporary Colour Correction
- How to consult for successful Colour Corrections + Transformations
- How to choose the most relevant techniques for time allocated in salon bookings
- Dimensional Colour
- Zone Toning
- Basin Balayage
- Lowlighting + Downlighting
- Shadow techniques + Contouring
- Understanding when to use a Double or Single process colour
- Going darker and how to fill for Cool or Warm results
- Using Colour Theory for painting Texture + Dimension
- Textured Foil Patterns suitable for Colour Corrections
- Creative solutions for Colour corrections or miscalculations with formulas
- Discuss how to correct banding and how to avoid it in the future
- You will learn how to paint hair as your canvas with artistic finesse
Who should attend?
Registration is 9:15am.
Program runs from 9:30am until 5pm.
Price and payment options
Purchase tickets on website using secure Stripe ticketing. Or payment plans available with Salon Pay. Visit this page to set up a payment plan.
Locations and other details
- Light lunch provided
- Tickets are non refundable
- Dates are subject to change given subject unforeseen circumstances
- Bring a note pad, pen and water bottle plus your styling kit and apron
- Please note that there is very limited capacity for these workshops. Be sure to secure your spot early to avoid disappointment when the event sells out.
Monday 23rd September Brisbane
Address : MATTERS IN GRAY
Level 2, 12 Mt Gravatt – Capalaba Road
Upper Mt Gravatt
Queensland Australia 4122
Sunday 25th August MELBOURNE
Address: Edwards and Co, Melbourne
1/22 Punch Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
We work with live models during hands-on sessions and try to cover as many techniques as possible, however we cannot guarantee all techniques listed will be covered due to variables when working on real guests. Please alert Kristina ahead of time if there is something specific you wish to practice and organise your own model based on that. Thank you.
"Her education is incredible"
“Kristina is an amazingly creative and talented colourist whose work is world class. Her education is incredible – many of our team have taken her informative, fun and vibrant classes and walked away inspired with skills they can take back to the salon.”
LORNA EVANS – Salon owner, Zumay Hair
& Director of Lorna Evans Education
"Authentic, inspiring, gifted"
“Kristina is an authentic, inspiring, gifted and selfless teacher who cares more about her students than herself. What better quality would you want in an educator?”
CHRIS BARAN – President, Fuel Education
and Redken Artistic Director
"dazzles and delights "
“Kristina Russell is one of the most talented Haircolorists and inspirational hairdressers in the industry. Her out of the box approach to Haircolor dazzles and delights and her ability to communicate this in an educational platform is invaluable”
SHERRI DOSS – Vice President Worldwide Education
Redken 5th Ave NYC
"gets you excited and inspired"
“Kristina Russell has a unique method of teaching that gets you excited and inspired about hair! Her perspective on Creative Colour is refreshing, and her approach to achieving different looks gets you thinking outside the box about hair!”
SANDRA- Salon Manager
+ Team Leader / SG Hair Sydney
"THE BEST TEACHER"
I choose to learn from the best. When it comes to learning how to colour hair better, Kristina Russell is the best teacher. What she teaches you will help you improve your colouring and artistic skills, not just during the course, but beyond”
TARIK JASAREVIC – Matrix Artist / Educator
"OPENING MY WORLD"
“I have to say a big thank you to Kristina Russell for opening my world through her education techniques and bespoke ways”
BRETT MATTERN – Salon Owner + Colour Director
Bespoke Hair Hobart
“Kristina Russell is the most inspirational Haircolourist I have worked with in my 35+ years in the hairdressing industry…She is not only a great colourist but a true artist”
PETER TAYLOR – Medavita National Education Director
“I highly recommend Kristina as a Colourist and Mentor. Shadowing Kristina will help anyone grow dramatically and excel in their technical skill and understanding of colour”
ROZLYN THOMAS – Owner/Creative Director
Find out more about how your shop or salon can become a safer place for LGBTQ+ people.